Monday, March 3, 2014

February in Review

Miles Planned/Ran: 91/101- Hey!  Look who hit 100 by accident.  I ran all my planned workouts, then paced the Runner Chicks twice and snuck in a bridge run on Superbowl Sunday.

Yoga Workouts Planned/Completed:  7/5.  

Non Workout Days Planned/Taken: 1/1.  I didn't see this one coming.  That's not a lot of rest days.

Half Marathons Planned/Completed: 0/0.  No races.  All kids' basketball, all month.

Highest Mileage Week: 30.  Boom!

Long Runs Planned/Ran: 10/10.  For the sake of 2014 stats, 6 miles is a long run.  My rules.

Swim Yards Planned/Swum:  4000/3150.  You know I scrapped the swim last week.  But, I did a few extra laps two days.  I may have to consider increasing my standard yardage up from 1000.

Weights: 13/13.  Still 100% committed to dumbbell circuits 3x/week.  Tank top arms, baby!

Current Ache/Pain:  My lower back is bothering me a bit.  Lightened up some of the weights circuits from 17.5 lbs. to 10 lbs.  Squat/row/fly is almost impossible with the heavier weights.  Luckily, my TFL (right hip) is feeling much better.

Current Book: Allegiant by Roth.  I enjoyed the whole series.  Looking forward to the movie, Divergent.

The Paris Wife by McLain.  One of my running buddies has started a book club and this is our first book.  The story is about Ernest Hemingway and his first wife, Hadley.  I just started it.

Current Drink:  Iced tea and water.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Current Song:  Brave by Sara Bareilles.

Current Gratitude:  Running buddies, local and from far away.

Sneak peak Hot Chocolate 15k photos.  Local buddies and my far away friends, Mom vs. Marathon and Tall Mom on the Run
Current Dislike:  Just plain happy right now. 


Current Treat:  Tortilla chips at our local Mexican restaurant.  I need to stop.  We've been eating there on Friday nights before A's basketball games.

Current Excitement:  State basketball is just around the corner.  A's team has a tough week ahead of them, must win twice to get to the final 8.

9 comments:

  1. Have you been doing core work? That helped me a TON when upping the weights.

    ONE HUNDRED MILES is so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, 101 miles without a half marathon thrown in there??? That's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on all the mileage and staying committed to your weight lifting, it will be worth it for sure. Looks like a great month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree with Heather on core work. glad you are seeing results and that its manageable for you to remain consistent. I won't even recognize you when i see you next (which I'm not really sure when that will be )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done, my friend.

    One more month of hard training, a little bit of taper, and we are there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on getting 100 miles in. I did too, barely, and I'm still doing that stupid run streak.

    Core is huge on overall body strength, are you doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited to see you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite sentence? "Just plain happy right now." Love it!!! :) And, yeah, core work.

    ReplyDelete