Friday, March 14, 2014

Working Out, in Spite of the Teenager's Sport


Love that #10!
Just a quick basketball update.  A's team lost Wednesday night and won yesterday morning!  Their next game is tomorrow at 9am.  They are playing for the 4th place trophy.  I just can't believe they are in the exact same spot as last year.  There's more than one way to get to the state playoffs, and this year's team took the long way.  Lots of injuries, the worst record in the Final 8 and they still have a chance at 4th.

One more trip down to the University of Oregon.   Last game of my baby's Junior year.
Wait, you want to hear about running this week? Did I get my workouts in?  Yes!!

Killed it on Tuesday.
Wednesday was a rest day, with the basketball game at night.

Yesterday, you know they had the early game (10:45am), and I was unable to workout in the morning.  I really thought I would get derailed.  I'm a morning workout girl.  At the very latest, get it all done before lunch.  I didn't get home until after 2pm.

I had weights to lift and 6 miles to run.  After a small snack, I lifted for 25 minutes.  But, how to find the late in the day inspiration to run as well?

Call me a nerd.  Call me a dork.  Call me mother of the year.  The audio to A's basketball game is archived on the OSAA website.  I don't usually run with my iPhone for music, but I figured out how to carry it in my iFitness pouch and stream the game.  For the first 4 miles, I listened to the game I had watched in the morning.  For the last two miles, I listened to the boys' basketball game live (they won as well).  6 miles, 57:17.  Boom!

Usually it's a podcast that gets me running, but, quite frankly, the basketball games were so much better.

Since they play again Saturday morning, I'll have 8 miles to run Saturday afternoon.  You bet I'll be streaming the game during those miles.

***************************
Happy St. Patrick's Day weekend!  I can't believe one year ago I was in Atlanta, with these lovely ladies.

State #20!  LJ, E, Jess and me. Georgia Publix Half.
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

7 comments:

  1. i'm so impressed by you and all the others who find podcasts 'motivating' for runs. I tried it a few times but I need my beats.

    I can't believe Georgia was a year ago!! Still one of my favorite pieces of bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think a podcast would motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never listened to a podcast while running, usually it's music or my own breathing. I love that you listened to your daughter's game! Mother of the year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 miles & pod casting, I'm jealous. Here in no signal land, I would be listening to bits & pieces. Good luck to your daughter & team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't believe i haven't seen you in a YEAR!! and it's been a year since P and broke up.... hoping the game went well yesterday-going to stalk your fb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine running to a podcast - I'd totally miss pieces because my attention span sucks - ooh a bird, oh there's a car, my butt hurts… I'd get nothing out of what I was listening too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine running to a podcast - I'd totally miss pieces because my attention span sucks - ooh a bird, oh there's a car, my butt hurts… I'd get nothing out of what I was listening too...

    ReplyDelete